Sunday, October 21, 2007

Perler Beads

I bought some perler beads in order to make some awesome NES style Nintendo characters to turn into fridge magnets and such. They are plastic beads that fuse together when ironed. You place them on a pegboard in the position you want them to fuse together in and then melt the beads with an iron. Unfortunately all of the pegboards that come with the set are too small for most Nintendo graphics. Perler Beads makes a larger board that can be connected to other boards to make as big of a board as you need. However neither Michael's or Walmart sell them so I can't make any crafts :( I've looked at mail ordering them, but until I have a more permanant residence I can't order anything. Maybe Toys R Us would sell them?

1 comment:

Patsy Stone said...

Oh Nice. Feel free to make me some :)