Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I got a job!

That's right I got a job today at The Keg. I'm a line cook, wahoo! I've always had an interest in cooking and now I can finally learn something about it.

It's funny after appling and several different jobs last week, I sent out a half dozen resumes today via email and about an hour after sending one to The Keg I got a call for an interview that same day. I was the first one there for the interview and I filled out an application. I had a great little chat with the manager there and she seemed to like me and hired me right there on the spot. She wrote me on the the schedule for the next 5 days and I start tomorrow. How about that!

I'll start off doing line cook stuff which is all manner of things I guess. Getting little sides ready and stuff. Then I'll have some shifts doing dishes, I'm not yet sure if I should be afraid or very afraid. Then I'll get some shifts doing salads the next time there is a space on the schedule for me. Cool beans!

I suspect that I'll be one of the youngest people there, so I'll have to really be outgoing to fit in. I'm looking forward to the challenge and the chance to meet some new people. There were 3 or maybe more other guys in there for interviews too. I'm not sure if Holly (I hope that's her name) was planning on hiring all of them or if she just really liked me? They looked a lot more skivy than I expected. This Keg is located deep downtown and isn't as upscale looking as I thought it would be. I'm sure some of them will be starting at the same time as me, so I'll have to make sure I shine.

I'm so happy I finally have work and I can relax a bit. I really wish it wasn't evening work though, but I guess I can't get everything I want. Until I get used to the time zone this will be like working until 4 AM for me :(

No comments: