Sunday, June 24, 2007

BBQ

Today was a busy day. I started off surfing the web and doing whatever on the computer. Just after lunch I went for an hour long bike ride down a hilly road with lots of traffic and no shoulder to ride on. It was fun and shocking. I'm really out of shape. My leg muscles were burning and I found myself out of breath easily on hills. Afterwards my legs were like jelly. I need to go biking more often. A few times a week, maybe alternate between riding and walking.

When I got back guests for the BBQ started arriving. My aunt Pat and uncle Bob, cousins Tami and Dan, Grandparents, Sister's boyfriend, and many of my parents friends were there. About 20-25 of us in total. I was pretty overwhelmed and had 3 beers ;)

I got to explain my situation and future plans to nearly everyone. I had to take frequent breaks from the party. It was tough, and I appreciate everyone's support but I just don't want to hear it right now. I don't like being told what's good for me and what I should do.

As mentioned I met Kristen's boyfriend Brett today. Seems like a nice guy, I didn't get to talk with him too much though. I don't know if he was overwhelmed by everyone or just shy. It felt a little weird though to see my sister with a boyfriend. Just new to me, I'm sure she felt like that with me too.

Anyway off to bed soon. I'm going to try and blog in the evenings before bed, do a little recap of the day. G'night!

No comments: