Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gears in motion

I've finally applied at some places in Vancouver. Today I went over my short list of places to try to get a job at. While I only emailed only 8 places they are some of the biggest studios and most of them were looking for positions. Stephane was nice enough to forward my resume to his boss so hopefully that name drop helps my chances along. He also said that he had a list of places around town that he has compiled along with the names of their HR people. It pays to have contacts.

Here's the list of where I have applied at so far:
Backbone
Blue Castle Games
Electronic Arts
Hothead Games
Rockstar
Next Level Games
Propaganda Games
Radical Entertainment

Hopefully I'll hear back from some of the people on this list in the next 2 weeks. I had hoped to maybe have a couple of offers, but realistically I just need one and that's as much as I should hope for. I don't have a contingency in place if I don't hear back from any of them. If that happens I really don't know what I'll do.

No comments: