Thursday, August 2, 2007

My day off...

Well today was the first of two whole days off from work that I get before having 8 days on (who did the scheduling there?). Then to break up my 8 days of work I get to spend the 2 days off on the coast at my Grandfather's 80th birthday / family reunion at my parent's cabin at Garden Bay Lake. It sounds awesome, but I'm pretty worried about it.

This was supposed to be the chance for me to introduce Sydney to my mum's side of the family. I was planning on flying as both out to the coast for this because it's been in the works for a while. Things are obviously different now so that won't be happening and it makes me sad. Plus I'm staying at the cabin and the last time I was there it was on vacation with Syd. It also involves a 6 hour drive with my sister and her boyfriend that I'm not looking forward to making in both directions. So it's going to be a busy weekend.

Today I had big plans. For the longest time I've wanted to donate blood. Since the weekend I had it in my head to work up the courage to do it today. Today came and I was all ready to go through with it. I made a phone call and set myself up with Canadian Blood Services, but I didn't realise that the Kelowna clinic is only open on Tuesday and Wednessday. So after getting ready to go with the exception of putting my shoes on I found out I couldn't do it today. So yeah. I don't know when I'll get the chance, perhaps in 2 weeks, I don't really want to do it in the middle of an 8 day work week with a 2 day family chaser leading into another work week.

I've wanted to donate blood when I lived alone in Burnaby, but I was always worried that I would be really sluggish and lazy for a while afterwards. So I figured that now since I'm living at home and I have people to take care of me if need be I could do it. However it seems it isn't to be just yet.

So instead of doing that I watched every inch of the Hot Fuzz DVD. It was a good use of half of a day :) It's an incredible film and I absolutely love it.

No comments: