Monday, August 6, 2007

Things that happen in the night...

Well I've managed to collect a few little stories of events that have happened to me as I ride to work at 2:30 in the morning. I thought I'd share a few of them.

This one happened to me over a week ago. I was riding down the street next to the sidewalk and I saw this cat sitting at the end of a driveway a little ways ahead of me. It was staring across the street and hadn't noticed me. I got about 6 feet away from this cat before it finally heard me and quickly looked up at me as I passed by. As I continued on riding I thought to myself "Wow that cat really wasn't paying much attention". After I got to work I started thinking that maybe I was the one not paying any attention. For all I know there could have been a bear on the other side of the street.

This one took place last week. I was almost at work and starting to get a little bit sweaty. I also found that things umm... down there were a little uncomfortable because I was getting sweaty. So I waited for the traffic to pass by and readjusted myself. When I looked back up there were two people walking towards me just within the distance where you could make out the detail of someone putting their hand down their pants *blushes*. Yeah, oops. It was the level of dark where to see a person in the shadows you need to focus for a second, and I didn't do that before making my move. I can only imagine what they saw or were thinking.

This last story happened to me just this morning. I had just got my bike out from behind the house. It is so dark when I go back there that if there was something on the lawn I would definately not see it and trip over it. Just as I had my bike and was walking to the driveway I spotted something. Something metalic and shiny. It looked to be about as tall as a person and for probably two to three seconds I thought I was looking at a Cylon. I totally panicked. Not just any Cylon either, but a 1978 Cylon from the original Battlestar Galactica. I thought I was going to die. My heart raced as I knew I wasn't seeing this correctly and I bravely continued moving forward in shock. Turns out it was light reflecting off of my dad's truck bumper and mirror and whatever else was chrome on that side.

Yes this is what I thought I saw and thought was going to kill me.

2 comments:

Syd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Syd said...

Ugh - why does it keep a history of posts deleted? I made a mistake and couldn't find an "edit"
Anyways - John - you sir are a goof! Why would a Cylon from 1978 be after you?
Oh. . .wait - because they want your sweet bike! Jesus! I totally understand now!
Watch out for them retro Cylons. They likes the shinies.